Current Board Members
Carter Scholars Inc. is fortunate to have board members who are fiercely committed to changing the lives of others.
Following is the list of current board members:
- Kevin A. Carter
- Dr. Linnie S. Carter, APR
- Ms. Bonnie Newman Davis
- Ms. Wynette A. Richardson
- Dr. Kim Smith
Seeking Board Members
Carter Scholars Inc. is seeking new board members who are:
- Connected to education in some way (teachers, guidance counselors, professors, administrators, parents, mentors, etc.)
- Influential and respected in the community (with the ability to attract other good people to the Board and to attract donors.)
- Passionate about young people and education
- Experts in different professions, including education, law, estate planning, insurance, marketing, public relations and fundraising
Following are the duties of Carter Scholars Inc. board members:
- Serve as an ambassador of Carter Scholars Inc.
- Assist in the decision-making process of fiscal matters, goal setting, long-range planning and other matters affecting the operations of Carter Scholars Inc.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Select scholars who will receive financial assistance
- Serve at least one full term (each board member is expected to serve a one-year term but can serve up to three one-year consecutive terms as long as he or she handles the board member responsibilities to which they agreed)
- Become familiar with the mission, vision, values and programs of Carter Scholars Inc.
- Make a personal financial contribution (of any amount) to Carter Scholars Inc. on an annual basis
To apply for membership on the Carter Scholars Inc. board, please complete and submit the online application form.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please contact Linnie S. Carter at [email protected]. Thank you and best wishes!